This intensive video-based online course is designed to develop leveraged buyout (LBO) skills through the actual hands-on construction of a model. You will build your own interactive leveraged buyout model from “scratch.” The end goal is to give participants a practitioner’s view of LBO modeling by blending merger accounting, corporate finance, and Excel skills. This course is the online version of Training The Street’s live courses at Wall Street’s largest financial institutions and at the top MBA programs around the world.
- Estimated time to complete is 10-15 hours
- Optimized for PC based Excel
- The Excel shortcuts in this course are not optimized for Mac versions of Excel, but this will not detract substantially from the course experience
- Overview of the leveraged buyout transaction
- What makes a good LBO candidate?
- How do LBOs create value?
- Success factors in an LBO
- How to finance an LBO transaction?
- Calculating a financial sponsor’s return on investment
- This course requires basic accounting knowledge. We recommend taking the Financial Statement Analysis course to fulfill this requirement
- This course requires basic financial modeling knowledge. We recommend taking the Financial Modeling course to fulfill this requirement
- This course requires basic valuation knowledge. We recommend taking the Corporate Valuation course to fulfill this requirement
- This course recommends, but does not require, basic Excel proficiency. We recommend taking the Excel Best Practices course to fulfill this requirement