The Applied Excel course will benefit a wide variety of students interested in:
- Financial planning and analysis, operations, or the business/strategic development group of any corporation
- Financial services (investment banking, research, asset management, brokerage, sales & trading, insurance, private equity, venture capital)
- Marketing and brand management
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups
Through practical examples and annotated Excel guides, the course will improve the participant’s ability to use Excel efficiently to parse a large data set and interpret the results. By utilizing both basic and advanced Excel tools, students can dramatically improve their efficiency in data organization, allowing them to spend more time interpreting and sensitizing the data.
- Estimated time to complete is 10-15 hours
- Course materials include videos and hands-on Excel exercises.
- Optimized for PC based Excel
- The Excel shortcuts in this course are not optimized for Mac versions of Excel, but this will not detract substantially from the course experience
- Organization of data: (text to columns, RIGHT, LEFT, UPPER, LOWER, CONCATENATE, etc.)
- Lookup functions (VLookup, HLookup, MATCH)
- Pivot Tables
- Scenario analysis (CHOOSE, OFFSET)
- Introduction to macros and other format controls
- Creations of basic print macros
- Editing of basic VBA code
- Drop-down menus (combo boxes)
- Data validation and creation of dynamic text
- Sensitivity analysis using data tables
- There are no prerequisites. However, students with a basic knowledge of Excel will benefit more from the course.
- We recommend taking the Excel Best Practices course to become fast and efficient in Excel.